DCHEA Science Fair
Date: February 9, 2018 12:00 pm
Location: Grace Chapel Indio: 48395 Madison St. Indio, CA 92201
ALL AGES ARE WELCOME
The Science Fair is for all grades! Please complete the online participant form by January 24, 2018. The form is at the bottom of this page.
No late submissions will be accepted due to the fact that we are purchasing items before the fair which require an exact count of participants.
RULES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
- A participant form must be completed by January 24, 2018.
- A three-sided project display must be created. Your project display will communicate to others what your project is all about. It should have a brief description of the various parts of your investigation. You can make your display from poster board, or use a ready-made project display board. It can include an outline or summary in all or just some of the following categories. Adapt your display to make it the best for your project. A picture of a sample display is below.
- A project report must be completed that communicates to others how you did your experiment and details about your topic. This is where you use your notes and observations from your experiment. You will give a presentation of your display with your report to the judge’s panel.
- OPTIONAL: A project model can be completed so that you can demonstrate your experiment in action.
That’s it! We don’t want too many rules because we want it to be fun! You are free to choose any scientific topic you want.
Each participant will receive a DCHEA Science Fair medal. In addition, there will be 3 trophies. The trophy categories are listed below. Since all grades can participate, the participant’s grade will be taken into consideration when determining awards.
- Excellence in Research and Experimentation
- Excellence in Presentation
- Excellence in Construction (This is open to all participants that created both the project display board and model)
Use your imagination and do your work with EXCELLENCE…we are excited to see the result!